http://cvtn.org | Dr. Mortenson shows how evolution is a worldview, based on religious faith and is not science. Download the Episode Guide
Dr. Terry MortensonSystematic Theology, History of Geology
Lecturer/Researcher, AiG (USA)
With a PhD in history of geology from the Coventry University in England and an MDiv from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Chicago, Dr. Mortenson has lectured on the creation-evolution controversy in 22 countries since the late 1970s.* He has spoken in homes, churches, schools (primary, middle and secondary), secular universities, Bible colleges and seminaries. Several of his popular lectures have been produced as DVDs and as TV programs. He has also participated in seven formal debates with PhD evolutionary scientists in secular venues in four countries.
He is the author of numerous magazine and journal articles and several book chapters. The revised version of his PhD thesis was published as The Great Turning Point: the Church's Catastrophic Mistake on Geology—Before Darwin (Master Books, 2004). With a deep burden for seminary professors and students, he co-edited and contributed two chapters to the scholarly 14-author book, Coming to Grips with Genesis: Biblical Authority and the Age of the Earth (Master Books, 2008).
He is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society, has presented six creation-related papers at ETS annual meetings, and spear-headed the formation of the "Creation" study group sessions at the ETS annual meeting beginning in 2008. He has also helped to lead six by-invitation-only seven-day rafts trips down the Colorado River through Grand Canyon for seminary and Bible College professors and other key Christian leaders.
He and his wife, Margie, have been happily married since 1976 and have five daughters and three sons.
- 1953 in Minnesota, USA
Converted to Christ
- April 1972, first year in the university
- Married Margie in 1976, together they have five daughters and three sons
- 1975, BA in math, Univ. of Minnesota, USA
- 1992, MDiv in systematic theology, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Illinois, USA
- 1996, PhD in history of geology, Coventry University, UK
Selected Publications and DVD Lectures
- 7 Reasons Why We Should Not Accept Millions of Years
- Answers Academy - The Rocks Cry Out: The Earth Is Young!
- Coming to Grips with Genesis
- The Great Turning Point: The Church's Catastrophic Mistake on Geology—Before Darwin
- Millions of Years: Where Did the Idea Come From?
- Millions of Years & the Downfall of the Christian West
- Noah's Flood: Washing Away Millions of Years
- The Origin of Old-Earth Geology and Christian Compromise (Parts 1 & 2)
- Origin of the Species: Was Darwin Right?
Professional Society Papers
- Boundaries on Creation and Noah’s Flood: Early 19th Century British Scriptural Geologists, paper given at the annual meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society in Colorado Springs, CO, on Nov. 14, 2001, and posted on Zondervan's website: http://www.zondervanchurchsource.com/convention/parallel.htm#DB.
- Philosophical Naturalism and the Age of the Earth: Are They Related?
- Systematic Theology Texts and the Age of the Earth
- Christian Theodicy in Light of Genesis and Modern Science
- Genesis According to Evolution
- Evolution vs. Creation: The Order of Events Matters!
- Why Shouldn't Christians Accept Millions of Years?
- Why Don't Many Christian Leaders and Scholars Believe Genesis?