Thursday, June 28, 2012

Is Evolution Probable or Problematic? - Jay Seegert on Creation Today



Creation Today | Eric Hovind & Paul Taylor welcome Jay Seegert of the Creation Education Center for a fascinating discussion on DNA, showing the insurmountable problems of evolution.

SPEAKER’S BIO: JAY SEEGERT

Upbringing
 
Raised in a strong Christian home and accepted Christ as my savior while in grade school.  My entire family attended a very biblically-sound non-denominational Bible church, where we were all involved in various ministries.   My father was Chairman of the Board for a number of years.
 
Education
After graduating from high school, I initially attended John Brown University, a Christian college in Arkansas to study Mechanical Engineering.  Just after my junior year, I changed my major to Physics and transferred to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (John Brown did not offer Physics as a major).  While attending UW-Whitewater, I was a member of Sigma-Pi-Sigma (National Physics Honor Society).  I graduated in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics (UW-Whitewater) and an Associates of Science degree in Engineering Technology (John Brown University).

Personal Ministry Background
My initial interest in apologetics, especially creation science, began while attending UW-Whitewater in 1985, largely due to the fact that all of my professors were evolutionists and some were atheists.  It was there that I wrote my first paper on creation science and gave my first lecture (to the university’s Physics Club).
Over the past 26 years, I have spoken in numerous churches, conferences (some where over 5,000 attended), secular schools, Christian schools, universities and various other venues.  In addition to creation related topics, I have also spoken on: “The Existence of God”, “The Origin of the Bible”, “The Inspiration & Authority of the Bible”, “Alleged Errors/Contradictions of the Bible”, “Science & the Bible”, “Prophecy & the Bible”, “Jehovah’s Witnesses”, “Mormonism”, “The Deity of Christ”, “Old Testament History”, and “Witnessing & Evangelism Training”.

Ministry  Highlights
  • 2004-2006 – Served as the President of the Creation Science Society of Milwaukee.
  • 2005 – Offered a fulltime position as a national speaker with Answers In Genesis (directed by Ken Ham), but after much prayer felt led to decline.
  • 2007 – Co-founded the Creation Education Center and moved into fulltime ministry, giving up my own successful computer programming business.
  • 2007 – Awarded the prestigious “Faithful Servant Award” by the Christian Stewardship Foundation which included a grant to the Creation Education Center.
  • 2008-2010 -  Adjunct national speaker for Creation Ministries International (in addition to my own full-time ministry).
  • 2010 – Published my first book entitled “Let There Be Light” (sub-title: “Making Sense of the Creation/Evolution Controversy”)
  • 2011 – Became an Ambassador for Logos Research Associates
  • Currently serving as the Co-Founder and Principal Lecturer for the Creation Education Center (2007-present)
  • As of mid-2012, have spoken over 1,100 times in 20 different states